You are being redirected to globalinnes.com

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I was so focused on getting pictures online last night I forgot to explain two things. First of all Micaiah is pronounced mi-KAI-a (sort of like Malachai). For short we'll call him "Kai", not Mickey or Mic (though my brother already informed us, "I'm gonna call him Mickey.")

Micaiah is a Hebrew name. He was an Old Testemant prophet (you can find the story in 1 Kings 22) and the name means "Who is like YAHWEH." We could think of no greater desire for our son then to want him to grow to be like his Heavenly Father. His middle names are to honor two very important people in our lives. Douglas is after Pastor Doug Tatton, who first had Dena and I do ministry together in Havelock, N.B. and showed us a great model of ministry, hospitality and a godly family. Crichton is the middle name of my father, Brian William Crichton Innes. My Dad has been one of the greatest influence in my life and I pray that Micaiah will grow up to be like his Grandad in many ways.

8 comments:

Richards' said...

He is so cute! Man, if mine was not born first, I'd be talking to you about a betrothal! LOL, just kidding. His name has an awesome story. God Bless you 3 as you become adjusted to one another.

Arnold Austin Jr said...

Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Mickey!

Just kidding.

I love Kai!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, yeah, steer clear of the 'mickey' thing. Kai is an awesome nickname:)

Phil said...

Congrats, guys! He's adorable! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Elliott,
I am amazed and thankful to have such a wonderful update. Amanda Noble here (soon to be Brewer). I live with Kristen and she shared the joyful news with me. I looked around your website... and I am excited to see you honoring & serving Jesus Christ. Dena I have never met you but I know Elliott will be a very wonderful father to your family. God Bless and keep you safe! Praise the Lord... Many joyful hugs!

Alison said...

Congratulations guys!!! Kai is beautiful! I think I need to take a vacation to Costa Rica this summer to visit my date. I love you both. Blessings!

His Beloved said...

Congrats you guys! He's SOOOO precious!! :)
~Amy Smith

me said...

I can't wait to meet Kai-
happy for you both.

About Me

My photo
I'm a quarter aged youth/missions guy living and serving in Lima, Peru with my wife (Dena), son (Micaiah) and daughter (Shaylee).

Blog Archive