You are being redirected to globalinnes.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Micaiah Douglas Crichton Innes
March 6, 2006
10:58PM CST
3.93 kg (8 lbs 11 oz)
53.3 cm (21 in)

He's a he! Micaiah came after 10 hours of labouring and was born with all ten fingers, ten toes, a full head of hair, under water (we had a water birth) and absolutely drug free! (Good work Mommy Dena!) This means no epidural! Micaiah's mom is pretty tough! I can definitely understand now why it's called labor, but it was an incredible experience.

The pics are late getting up because we ended up staying in the hospital for 48 hours instead of the typical 24. Nothing was wrong, but the Dr. noted that Dena is O- and Micaiah is O+ (blood type) and apparently that leads to an increased risk of jaundice. But after the extra day we can say with absolute assurance that Micaiah has nothing wrong.

Our hospital staff was great and it was a blessing to be able to experience this side of this beautiful culture.

But enough of that, I'll let you get to the real reason you checked this blog: PICTURES!

Mommy the morning we left for the hospital (otherwise known as "before")

Leaving for the hospital... not sure we had enough stuff

In Costa Rica you get fingerprinted instead of getting a bracelet

Mommy Dena, my mom, and I waited for the Doc to show up to start induction

The magical adjustable bed... like a roller coaster, only entirely different

Moments after birth. Mommy did such a good job

Only a few hours old

Grandma Karen meets Micaiah

"Oh, so that's what a messy diaper looks like... HELP, GRANDMA!"
Proud pappy

At the end of a VERY long day

Big happy family

Leaving the hospital room

Heading home

Home sweet home

7 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't believe you were able to go through being induced without having to get an epidural! You're right, Elliott: she is one strong mamma! BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY! How do you pronounce his first name (just to make sure I'm saying it correctly)? YAY, INNES FAMILY!!

Mommy Rader said...

Beautiful boy :) Congrats...and great job Dena!!!!!! A water birth....I wanted to try that with our first one, but the hospital wouldn't allow it, so I'm seriously considering it in the future :) That IS awesome that you didn't have any drugs after having an induction....I've heard nothing but painful stories about being induced. Congrats again to the both of you!!!!!

Richards' said...

YEAH!!!! I STARTED CRYING!!!! Ok, so I had the same thing happen.... I am O- and Gabby is O+ I had to stay 3 days... It was so boring!!! I am so glad he is healthy!!! YEAH!!!

Richards' said...

Oh, and he shares my dad's birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Ell,
He's GORGEOUS!! Congrats! (Love the name, too!) Props for Dena. Drug-free, eh? That is so not going to be me!! Hehe.

Arnold Austin Jr said...

Glad you're home!~

matthew said...

awesome stuff! :)

About Me

My photo
I'm a quarter aged youth/missions guy living and serving in Lima, Peru with my wife (Dena), son (Micaiah) and daughter (Shaylee).

Blog Archive