You are being redirected to globalinnes.com

Monday, May 21, 2007

I've seen the light! (Updated on Tuesday with link under #5)

I've come to a realization as to how hard it is to find the time to do an actual newsletter to our friends and supporters from the field (though we hope to send oe out early July), and also realized that to post a 5 minute video blog or podcast takes about an hour, so I thought I would take another stab at the whole traditional blogging deal, which I can do when I find myself with 5 or so free minutes.

So to bring you up to date, in true blogger form here are some quick updates.

  1. Yes, Dena is pregnant, both her and the new baby are doing great. Micaiah thinks that mom's feat of eating a basketball is pretty cool and it makes a fun toy to slap and play with.
  2. We're on Facebook (Elliott)(Dena)
  3. We are helping with both the "adolescent" youth ministry and the "young adult" youth ministry at the local church in Lima. The adolescent group recently adopted a café model and was renamed "Café 296". It's pretty rad. I'll try to post some pics about that in the coming weeks.
  4. I (Elliott) leave for a week on the Amazon River with a team from Texas this Saturday. I need to remember to get my Malaria meds!
  5. We just got back from Ecuador, where we went to get some paperwork processed. It was great and Micaiah almost got eaten by an iguana... not really. You can read more about that on Dena's Blog, "This Little Piggy"
  6. Micaiah is walking... almost running... always screaming.
  7. We're entering winter... which is actually quite nice after almost a year and a half of perpetual summer.
  8. HC Wilson, my old "boss" from the Atlantic District of the Wesleyan Church resigned.
  9. HC Wilson accepted the position as Director of Global Partners... which means my "old boss" is my "new boss".
  10. I have realized I am horrible at keeping in touch with people.
  11. Micaiah and I went to Canada for 10 days. It was refreshing and fun to see so much fam...
  12. Dena stayed in Peru to work on her BBC internship.
  13. Dena's Dad, Jeff, was diagnosed with cancer in his throat.
  14. After radiation treatment, he beat it!
  15. He hasn't had a cigarette in almost 3 months! (He had been smoking since he was 11!)
  16. I'm struggling with Spanish, but every week I feel a small improvement.
  17. Dena and I have both preached in Spanish!
  18. I have been asked to preach the entire month of July at our local church...
  19. The baby comes in July, so that might not work.
  20. I recently finished "Blue Like Jazz" and found it very refreshing.
  21. I'm currently reading:
    1. We are People of Influence (John Maxwell)
    2. Sex God (Rob Bell) [Don't judge the book by it's title]
    3. Dare to Discipline (Dobson)
    4. They Like Jesus, But Not The Church (Dan Kimball)
  22. "Someone" spilled a little juice on my keyboard when we were in Ecuador and now some keyssssssss sticcccck.
  23. A friend from Costa Rica is coming and staying at the house with Dena while I am on the Amazon.
  24. I am getting ordained in October at JIBACAM (Latin America Mission Conference)
  25. I have really been trying to figure out how to start my Masters Degree.
  26. Our 4th anniversary is Thursday.
That's all for now folks.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, life has been very full for you. I’m happy to hear that the family is well even with the threat of being eaten by iguanas. I’m so excited about the ministries you are involved in. Be encouraged, language learning is hard and you’ve come further than you realized since you’re in the middle of the process. The fact that you have preached in Spanish is huge and inspiring to me.

Owen said...

Happy Aniversery!

Elliott said...

It was quite a thrill to be able to preach in another language. I had some moments where I felt like I was floundering, but for the most part it went well.

matthew said...

great update elliott! that's some exciting stuff! You two have a great anniversary :)

About Me

My photo
I'm a quarter aged youth/missions guy living and serving in Lima, Peru with my wife (Dena), son (Micaiah) and daughter (Shaylee).

Blog Archive