You are being redirected to globalinnes.com

Saturday, November 18, 2006


Tom-Kat

First off, let me just say, Tom Cruise has had some great movies. Top Gun, Mission Impossible... um... well... I guess that might be it... oh and Jerry McGuire (however I got so sick of people saying "show me the money" for the next 5 years that I secretly wanted to give Cruise a lobotomy). And as far as Katie Holmes, with the exception of the week I was stuck in bed in High School with no cable and forced to watch Dawson's Creek reruns, I'm afraid I think she's just another puppy dog face in a sea of dogs... oh, well, that may not have come out the way I meant it.

But this is my thought: Why do we seem to (sobeit, subconsciously maybe) hate our lives so much that we are obsessed with the lives of people that we will most likely never meet. I mean, why is it that single mothers of four have no problem neglecting their own children, but will flock to the television to catch a fuzzy glimpse of TomKat's baby Suri?

Is it simply disenchantments with our current condition? Is it a sense of "If only I had (insert regret here), that could have been me with all that money, marrying that hot celebrity."

The most confusing thing perhaps is that this celebrity addiction seems to go beyond the realm of trailer trash (I lived in a trailer for part of my childhood, so I am allowed to use this term) into seemingly committed Christ Disciples. Is it that they want to escape from their life for something more exciting? If so is this the fault of themselves? Is it the fault of those who have pureed the gospel to the point that it is about as exciting as liquefied spam and made the xian life to seem totally devoid of adventure, and instead just a long list of rules and requirements? Both?

Anyway, that's it for now. I was just taking a minute to blog this morning during a commercial, but now I need to get back to the E! Channel's coverage from Italy.


PS: Here's a quick explanation for those of you who don't understand the religion of this High Priest of Sceintology. And who better to explain it then Stephen Colbert!

1 comment:

matthew said...

yeah, i don't understand the fascination with that baby either. i will admit, however, that i was quite entertained by tom cruise during that week he went crazy for katie holmes & scientology (or was it a year long?)

I'll watch the video a lil later :)

About Me

My photo
I'm a quarter aged youth/missions guy living and serving in Lima, Peru with my wife (Dena), son (Micaiah) and daughter (Shaylee).

Blog Archive