You are being redirected to globalinnes.com

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Amazon Plans, Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries and the Best 4 Year Adventure I Could Have Asked For

First some housekeeping details (aka: general updates)

  • Still preparing for the Amazon trip
    • Bob Ellis from San Antonio, TX (Go Aggies!), and leader of the team, arrived last night at around midnight, I'll be lunching today with him, Jarvis (my mentor), and Pastor Godofredo (Nat'l Superintendent of Peru) to chat and discuss the TX/LA partnership with Peru.
    • I've started my Malaria meds (yipee)
    • We have a dog... some mornings I wish we didn't... nuf said.
And now onto the meat of this blog.

I have a ton to do in the next 3 days before heading to the piranha infested waters of the Amazon, but today I wanted to take a few minutes to explain something to the blogosphere. I am the luckiest man alive. I really am. Don't even try to argue.

As I type, my wife of four years-today, is getting ready to run to the grocery store to buy Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries... why? Because that's the kind of person she is. She know I love them.

This morning, not knowing she had eaten the last of the box yesterday, I mentioned how I was looking forward to some for breakfast. Without missing a beat she insisted she get up, get the baby ready and run to get more. How amazing is that? You may think it's not much, but it's the things like that make me think I am the luckiest man alive.

The last 4 years have been amazing. I can still remember how nervous I was that morning getting to the church, and how overcome I felt when she stepped down that aisle. I knew my life would take me places I never would have dreamt, simply because I would have Dena at my side.

And it has.

In 4 years we have gone from New Brunswick and found ourselves ministering in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Maine, Illiois, Iowa, Indiana, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Peru.

We are missionaries, a dream which I had before meeting Dena, but often wondered if it would be realized. We have a son who daily stops us in our tracks by learning another brilliant thing, like how to say "dog towel" (don't ask), and a new baby that will be just as marvelous, on the way.

Not a day goes by where she doesn't encourage me, challenge me, comfort me, cherish me and teach me. Not a minute goes by where I do not feel her love.

Thank you Dena, for changing my life.

1 comment:

Dena said...

I love you, Husband. You honor me greatly, and daily amaze me with your love and sensitivity to me.

Happy 4 Years! Here's to 54 more!

About Me

My photo
I'm a quarter aged youth/missions guy living and serving in Lima, Peru with my wife (Dena), son (Micaiah) and daughter (Shaylee).

Blog Archive