You are being redirected to globalinnes.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2007


Sermon Prep


I'm preaching on missions again this Sunday to wrap up our local church's Month o' Missions. I'm not expecting a lot of people because it's the 29th of July, which is the day after the 28th, which is independence day here in Peru, so it'll be like having church on the July 4th weekend. A lot of families will be traveling.

That said, I want to take a fairly infomral approach and maybe just answer some general questions about missions.

I don't make random grabs for comments often, but today I am. Help me write my sermon.

What questions do you have about missions? Anything goes from raising support to biblical foundations thereof. Fire away and I'll be sure to post the final product when I am done.

Thanks,
Ell

4 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Why should we send our own people instead of supporting nationals to reach their own country.

We spend a lot of money on language teaching, flights, living expenses etc...

What's the benefit of supporting a missionary instead of supporting one from the country?

(I like missionaries by the way..)

Anonymous said...

How do missionairies grow in their own faith when they are giving so much of themselves?

Elliott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elliott said...

Great questions! They're in the fodder. Even if the message does not answer them, I will dedicate a blog session to each of them.

Keep em coming.

About Me

My photo
I'm a quarter aged youth/missions guy living and serving in Lima, Peru with my wife (Dena), son (Micaiah) and daughter (Shaylee).

Blog Archive